Figures for ESILV engineers’ salaries in 2022: With an average annual salary of 44,700 euros, young graduate engineers are placing themselves well on the job market.
Of the 607 graduates in the class of 2021, 494 responded to the employee survey on their employability, representing nearly 81% of respondents in the first job survey of 2022.90% of graduate engineers respondents say they are satisfied with their first job.
All salary data for young engineers in 2022:
- 44 700 Euros – annual average salaries with bonuses
- 128,000 Euros – High Trade Fair
- 32,000 Euros – Lost trade fair
Earnings are slightly higher for jobs located abroad, which account for 25% of promotion:
60 700 € per year with premiums for a first job abroad.
Leading indicators of professional integration of engineers
The employability of its students, the summary of the mission of ESILV, and Devinci Higher Education Schools attach great importance to supporting students in their search for internships, apprenticeships, or first jobs.
Nearly 45% of respondents in the class of 2021 were hired through their final internship. 13 months of the entire curriculum of engineering students are thus devoted to the realization of internships in companies.
67% signed their contract before graduation, and 8% barely two months after graduation. 91% of the hires were made on a permanent contract, which is a strong indicator of the skills mastered by the engineers of the class of 2021.
The place of the international dimension in the functions occupied
Most engineering graduates are recruited from companies in Île-de-France (70%), but still with a global size.
25% of hirings were made abroad, with an average annual salary of 60,700 euros (with bonuses). 41% of all graduates have an international function.
These figures, therefore, show the importance of language skills, mainly English, for engineers for their first job. Thus, English courses are compulsory throughout the engineering school, and the 4th year of the course is entirely in English.
Responsibilities and positions after engineering school
90% of respondents in the class of engineers graduating in 2021 have a framework status upon hiring.
64% are responsible for a project, and 28% for a team.
These indicators show once again the high employability potential of these young engineers, who are qualified and able to respond immediately to the needs of companies.
26% of respondents hold a position in financial engineering and 43% in Big Data IT. 5% are in advisory positions and design offices, 6% in energy, and 7% in the transport industry.
Some examples of graduate positions:
- Capital Markets/ Deloitte Analyst (Luxembourg)
- Blockchain developer / PwC (Luxembourg)
- Railway Operations Engineer/ Rail Concept
- Risk analyst/ AMUNDI (Ireland)
- Energy Efficiency Engineer/ Total Energies
- Bioinformatics Application Developer / La Jolla Institute for Immunology, (USA)
- Customer Sucess Account Manager / Microsoft
- Renewable Energy Engineer/ ADEME
- Electrical Systems Installation Designer / Airbus
- Data Engineer / Amazon (Luxembourg)
- Trade Support Analyst / Axa
- Actuary/ BNB Paribas
- Life Sciences Industry solution technical / Dassault systèmes
- Data Engineer / Deezer
- Business Analyst – Risk management / Edmond de Rothschild (Luxembourg)
- Machine Learning Engineer / Enedis
- Climate Support/ GoodPlanet Foundation
- Investment Compliance & Eligibility Officer / Hay’s (Luxembourg)
- Quality Manager/ Hermès
- Blockchain Developer / DevOps / IBM
- CyberSOC/ Orange Cyber Defence Analyst
- Graduate Trading Analyst/ Société Générale – SGCIB (United Kingdom)
- Onboard cybersecurity engineer/ Thales
- Curriculum Developer/ YouTube (South Africa)
- Front Office Tactical Developer – Equity Derivatives / BNB Paribas
- Mechatronic designer/ CELAD
- Product Manager & Development IA / Dream Yacht Charter